Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
I asked for 10%...we'll see what they say.

I find it very hard to believe that they don't know what the April ones are before they are officially announced. Maybe they do and that's why my guy told me to wait. I've waited this long, whats another few days...
Maybe they're trying to figure out what kind of incentives to offer to tailor to the current situation? instead of massive price drops, I'm wondering we will more likely see really aggressive financing deals? some kind of cash thrown into the deals to get incredibly low APRs...

we will see soon. I still think they will also deal more on the bottom line. yes they can't lose money on them, but they have to move them.
Well BMW has added additional trunk money for each vehicle sold. So dealers can "lose" money if they can move certain vehicles out of their lot.

Keep in mind the cost to actually have a car on lot each month and other factors. The pricing model can change drastically at areas a you don't expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
I asked for 10%...we'll see what they say.

I find it very hard to believe that they don't know what the April ones are before they are officially announced. Maybe they do and that's why my guy told me to wait. I've waited this long, whats another few days...
Maybe they're trying to figure out what kind of incentives to offer to tailor to the current situation? instead of massive price drops, I'm wondering we will more likely see really aggressive financing deals? some kind of cash thrown into the deals to get incredibly low APRs...

we will see soon. I still think they will also deal more on the bottom line. yes they can't lose money on them, but they have to move them.
Well BMW has added additional trunk money for each vehicle sold. So dealers can "lose" money if they can move certain vehicles out of their lot.

Keep in mind the cost to actually have a car on lot each month and other factors. The pricing model can change drastically at areas a you don't expect.
What kind of discounts do you think we can expect ?
Well back at the end of Feb/ early March, so right before we realized how bad Covid was going to be. Best offer I got was 11% (plus $500 to fly me down to pick up the car) and worst offer was 6%.

Now that we're amidst the crisis. I would want at least 11%. Quick search on Autotrader and there are 312 new M2 competitions in the US.

The longer you wait, the more dealers are inclined to work with you. Now before someone says it is immoral to push dealers on deals at a time like this. Let's not forget, the dealers also have a voice on whether they want to take the deal or not. And all dealers have a spreadsheet (at least the smart ones) that takes into account of all cost levers, so they can easily see what number they need to hit in order to continue their operations.

Now caveat, dealer operating costs have also gone down due to furloughing their workforce. That is why I'm not saying people can get 20% off. But 11% or so right now is doable.

Good luck!
If only the residuals were higher in the M2! Leasing one seems difficult to justify ... residuals on an M4 or near 60% but only 52-53% on an M2...
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00