View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I thought the mid engine C8 was shooting for $90k plus which is not close the the M2C (but maybe the new CA?).

IMHO they are two completely different cars. So they are not really cross shopped cars unless you don't care about the basics (practicality, etc) or money. My concerns with a C8 is that (1) Chevy haven't made a mid-engine car before so I expect problems, (2) from a flashy car (cars and coffee) standpoint it's going to be seen as a poor man's supercar wanna be (but some people don't care about image, so it's a meh point), and (3) it's going to be much more impractical than any previous generation which makes it suck as a daily (IMO).
Dude, been spending a fair amount of time on the Vette forums. Consensus is that the base C8 stingray comes in around $65 - $70k. That is supported by media. We'll find out in a couple of weeks. Wt should be around 3300 and HP between 460 and 500. Also, loads of happy vette owners DD their vettes.. Youre entitled to your opinions, but they seem to be colored more by stereotypical thinking than by the reality of the vehicle. As for practical considerations, there should be more storage with both a frunk and a hatch than an M2 ..

Listen, in all honesty, Ive been one of those to shun vettes over the years and have only owned BMW since 1999.. However, Ive come to realize that this was a product of fallacious thinking, and that in reality, the Vette is a performance car bargain that in its more expensive trim levels can hold its own on any race course with anybody in the world for many thousands less.

Last edited by boostm3; 07-01-2019 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
gmazet308.00