05-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Nezil,
Sorry it was missed...I think if you go looks over my posts I noted the octane booster and content but here you go.

I was using the MMT based Lucas booster due to confirmed consistent tested results by many and not snake oil. I was running consistently aprox 7.5 oz per tank (1/2 but) and based on their formula should give a 1.5 oct bump. Now it might be slightly more since the mixing is not perfect science. Might have over 1/2 tank and put 1/2 btl in so concentration will be higher. Then also you always have the residual factor.
This is great information, but what was/is your base fuel. Are you saying that on straight 93 AKI pure gas (not E10) pump gas you were getting timing pull when your IATs were still low? If that's the case, shouldn't the BM3 OTS 93 AKI tune be more accurately called 94+ AKI?

The Stage 2 OTS tune looks really great... 17.2 psi boost target with good timing and no HPFP crashing up to redline!... but it doesn't seem to work out on 93 AKI pump gas?

Quote:
Anyway it never pulled timing when using it. Now I stopped using it and did some pulls and had timing pull and a couple of "knock" notations non some logs and then it got hot and the car pulls timing all over the place. Am working on upgrading to a HD intercooler to fight the IAT's. My dyno runs would start at 85 deg and top out at 150. On the road it will be at 95 on cruz then under wot it will drop a couple of deg then climb up to 130 this clean air flow.

So I have proved the booster works to control the timing pull and knock but it can't help the high IAT's. Oh and it turns your shit orange/brown, plugs, exhaust tips, 02 sensors, etc.
Yeah, I'm sure it does work, but I really don't like the thought of the orange / brown deposits! If I can achieve the same thing with Race Gas or E85, that is certainly preferable. Looks like you're in the process of doing the same thing!
Quote:
Now i am trying the E30 map. Boost was a little low on the first pulls but I only started with 2 gal (E21). I am going up to 3 gal next. Keeping an eye on the HPFP
The biggest issue with mixing E85, is that it's inconsistent. E85 should be E85 in the summer, but in the winter is more likely E70. You get your blend nailed at one point of the year, and it's way off the next! At least Race Gas should be more consistent... albeit more expensive.
Quote:
What gears you doing your logs in? I try to always do independent 3/4/5 then a multi shift 3-4-5 and if I don't post them all I try to reference 5th gear if I can since it puts a 1-1 load on the car and that is usually when my HPFP was crashing
It's tough to find a stretch of road with enough length, no traffic and no cops to achieve a pull to redline in any gear, let alone 4th or 5th. I also have an issue with IAT because I have the stock FMIC currently; I'm still waiting for my CSF FMIC to arrive. So, to answer your question directly... I'm doing pulls in 3rd usually, sometimes 4th. 5th is pretty much out of the question I'm afraid.
Quote:
Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0