Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBNetEngr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
I'm running 410/420hp at the minute and il be honest, unless they sort the suspension out its not worth having the extra power. On the country roads in the UK the car fights the suspension at full tilt (tune on) and all your left with is the feeling that the suspension and chassis cannot cope with the power, tourque and surface. Even with traction off (dsc still on) you find it coming on for a second and that can also be enough to unsettle the car. On smooth roads it's great, but any bumps and it just doesn't work as one until. Switch back to stock, albeit with dp and intercooler, it's much more compliant. Basically, it's great for the track but not as great on b roads.. Just my opinion
This post is very relevant. One of the repeated praises for the M2 is, as shipped from BMW, it has the right combination of suspension and power to make it a well-balanced car. If you've increased the power by 40-50hp, did you make any changes to the suspension to compensate? If not, why blame BMW?

And besides, the track is really the only place that you can reliably and safely use everything that the M2 comes with from BMW. I'm still at a loss to understand how many people line up power, brake, suspension mods, etc., as soon as they buy something like an M2. It's a car that comes from BMW way more capable than virtually any purchaser is (regardless of what you really believe about your driving capabilities). So, rather than spend thousands on a tune to gain some moderate HP, why not spend it on track time, so you can learn to drive it closer to the cars' capabilities?

-rb
Probably the realest post I've seen on this forum
Appreciate 1
bollinm25.00