View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #13
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
On my slightly lightened OG (3370lbs with a full tank) and stock power, I haven't had issues on track with the blue brakes running 20-30 min sessions and a cool down lap. Yes, they change color and the dust boots crack after a few track days, but they work fine with a good fluid (SRF) and track pads (Pagid RS29 or Ferodo DS3.12). Dust boots are easy to DIY and I am trying the StopTech silicone boots to see if they last longer.

Your Comp is quite a bit heavier 3600 or 3650 (if DCT) and has a bit more power. Your experience would vary. If I were you, I'd either run 19s or do the smaller rotor with the right carrier to move the caliper in and find the right wheels; or get a AP or StopTech ST60 kit.
Do the calipers have to come off to change the dust boots? Mine are gone & was just going to leave them till rebuild, I've since bought titanium shims which supposedly reduce heat transfer from pad backing plate to pistons.

Agree with your assessment of the blue brakes, good fluid/pads (I use RSL29) plus I've removed the dust shields (but kept a small part of the bottom to protect ball joints from radiating heat) & have GT3 air scoops, mine last 20min sessions going pretty hard on RE71RS/A052.
Appreciate 1
pal433.00