View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #125
Yaami
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Wagner Downpipe - JB4 Cleared CEL

I put on the catted Wagner downpipe a little over a week ago and got a CEL within 100 miles. I have a Burger Motorsports JB4 unit that I used to read the code. It states there is a "catless downpipe detected". I simply delete the code and all is well. There is no discernible performance degradation with the CEL, just the light on the dash. The CEL has come on a total of 3 times since I installed the downpipe about 300 miles ago and will go several days of me daily driving the car before I get another CEL. But each time the CEL illuminates, the JB4 reads the code as "catless downpipe detected". I delete the code and move on.

On the positive side, the fitment of the Wagner downpipe is spot on. It fits the OEM area perfectly. And it sounds awesome! It has a nice burble on decel and has a noticeable growl accelerating - SWEET SOUND! There is also a noticeable "seat of the pants dyno" performance increase. My uneducated guess is a 10% (?) increase in power. Wishful thinking? lol

FYI - I also have the Wagner performance intercooler installed. This also has perfect fitment. It fits like a glove! I installed this a few days before installing the downpipe, but not CEL or noticeable performance increase with this unit alone.

NOTE: I've had the Burger Motorsports JB4 unit installed for about 6 months with no adverse affects and maybe a little performance bump. But coupled with the Wagner downpipe and intercooler, the performance increase and exhaust tone is sweet! The JB4 has a nice app I've downloaded to my android phone to look at all the conditions of the engine (temps, boost pressure, maps, etc. etc.).
Appreciate 0