Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
These guys are the worst auto journalists on the planet. They said the car doesn't have MDM and that you can't disable throttle blipping.

WRONG! Get over your fear of the traction control button and you'll discover that you can indeed use MDM mode and also turn DSC off and disable throttle blipping.

Of course, if they were competent enough to do that, then they wouldn't need to use stunt drivers for the drifting portions of the show. Ever wonder why they blur the windows during those shots? It ain't Johnny Liebermann hanging the back end out, that's for sure.
Traction Control Off != MDM

I drive with DSC off when I'm at the track, but that's actually the time when I would want throttle blipping ON.

Around town, I can heal-toe like a master but on the track, when at the last moment you're taking the inside line in a corner and you're 3-wide trying to down-shift. At that moment, I wouldn't mind it if the car did the throttle blip for me.

The point is, to each his own, and BMW should have made a button to toggle it on and off without toggling other things on and off.
Pretty sure you're not going 3 wide into a corner at a track day. If you're W2W racing, you better know how to blip your own throttle under those conditions.