View Single Post
      12-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #49
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
Guys. This is an old wives tale that has been around since the early 2000's. It does nothing.

The best way to do this is simply to take the car out and do some hard pulls. This is why it is called adaptations. My car is a DD. Every time I drive it, as soon as it reaches temp, I do some WOT.

Driving around like a granny is what makes it go soft.
It actually does something.

BMW OEM Diagnostics/Coding software (ISTAT) has the option to reset throttle adaptions. It's not something made-up, it's actually a part of the software.

"Taking car out and doing some hard pulls" = No shit, you're forcing the adaptions to reconfigure

The guide I posted just resets it for you without the need to drive hard for a bit

As per my experience, it is mode dependent, Stock/M1/M2 are all individual profiles. Some people only use Sport+ when they drive hard so switching to that mode at any time will provide the same fast result. It's only really noticeable if you DD your car, often switch through all the modes, and get stuck in traffic a lot.

Obviously you can retain the quick responsiveness even while DD but that involves a shit load of WOT pulls with traffic around, which you know, is mostly unnecessary, dangerous and dumb (and you only really realize this when you knuckle your car into a pole).

Last edited by Dav3; 12-24-2019 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50