View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #77
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
So is your (and a few others here) argument that before Stability Control and Traction control were standard, performance car Manufacturers had to give a shit about suspension and tire vibration harmonics ... but now that these systems are standard and 90 % of users don’t even know how to turn them off OEMs don’t have to care anymore?
he's saying newer cars have better dsc sports programming compared to first generation traction control systems.

i basically had a first gen dsc in my mercedes c32 amg...it was scary as hell because it would cut the power and apply brake mid apex and cause snap understeer.

The M division and porsche, more on the porsche side can program traction control to help on the turns and track conditions. Its one of the reasons traction control systems got banned from F1...the drivers would just floor it 100% throttle all the time and let the computer figure it out lol.

i tried in on the canyons in sports mode...i throttle a bit early on the apex on a decreasing radius corner..the rear came out a bit and i notice the dsc turn on and off as the rear end was rotating...the computer was smart enough not to cut all the power or apply too much brakes to prevent rotation.

i was actually kinda impressed with the DSC programming. You can see in MDM mode as well where they let you slide out the rear end a little bit before traction control turns on.

yes race car drivers are faster without dsc but most people probably are not.
Appreciate 0