Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
For me, the extra weight on the M2C is the turnoff. Almost defeats the purpose of the extra power. Personally, I feel as if they kept weight on the M2C to maintain the M3/4 stats as better performing. Hence why you can't get a carbon roof factory.

Ya you can tune it like hell, but some of us prefer a beautifully engineered vehicle stock.
I respect F87LUV 's decision - I am not sure whether it makes sense to upgrade if you have the OG M2.

But let's be straight here - the M2C is absolutely the better performing car of the two, objectively speaking.

It's also hard, IMO, to compare the looks of two cars when one has transfer/packing tape on it and hasn't been washed versus one that is very clean in that department.

Something else to keep in mind - the M2's weight went up by ~5%...but the power went up by more than 10%...the N55 stock is pretty maxed out at the stock levels, and the S55 is always underrated...just pointing out the facts.
I also don't wanna track a brand spanking new car. Just makes sense to keep my current car. This isn't a 1M. I can always get one if I change my mind later down the line.

Also I may or may not have test driven this 6MT 911 S with sport chrono and exhaust yesterday as well. I'm sure that didn't influence my decision here.
Attached Images

dmboone254972.00