View Single Post
      04-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #244
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am annoyed at the power limitation of the N55 M2, so keep that in mind. I am down by probably an average of 150-200hp to most of my friends on track - the slowest cars are F80 M3s, and that goes all the way up to 1LE ZL1 and 800whp GTRs.

That being said, the competition doesn't interest me for the following reasons:

1. No increased tire clearances. The M2 fenders are a fucking joke. 275 up front? 295 out back (with custom wheels and less than 1mm clearance)? Come on! The 1LE ZL1 can fit wider tires up front than we can in rear. Disgraceful!

2. The seats on the competition are pathetic. No harness holes? I would have to rip them out on day 1 anyway.

3. Sounds like shit. Sorry - I love the S55 power and torque curve, hate the sound.

4. I already have AP Racing brakes, so the newer brakes do nothing for me.

So basically, I am looking at the exact same car I currently have on track, with worse sound and higher power potential.

If I have to replace brakes and seats anyway, I might as well just spend a few grand on a turbo upgrade and make 600whp and retain the good sound of the N55.

Now, if I could fit 305 up front and 335 in the rear like the 1LE? I'd pay $70k for that all day long.
Appreciate 0