03-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #77
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
thought I would share, maybe boast a bit. just picked up the M2 last Saturday. I had a couple days of phone and email conversations, Thursday on. They had it listed just under 1800 off, then were showing presidents day, returning customer and some other deal... Of course those didn't apply to me...

fast forward Saturday morning and I get a call, we will make a deal and honor most of those deals. Thinking sure, sure. Drove a couple hours back to town, giving up my weekend plans. Went to dealership around 4 PM. Sat down and figured out the price, they came close at first. Removed some of those dealer options, who gets those any way. Price was close to what I wanted to pay. Asked for a final price out the door. They came back with a yes. Deal was done in 15 minutes. Then waited on financing, got a decent rate, but will migrate it to a better rate in a month...

But a very simple and pleasant deal and got the car I would of ordered or done a EU delivery for. Ohhh, for much less than either other option.

18 M2
LBB
Exec package
DCT
Destination
Sticker 59495
waiting on my BMWCCA discount for an additional 500

YMMV, but a very happy new M2 owner who expected to pay more.

Here is a snippet of the BoS, I could edit out other areas, but this was simple...
OK, so you saved $4000, and if this is the car that you would have ordered, then it's a deal. Congratulations!

Euro delivery would have saved you close to $3000, so we are not talking lottery winnings.

But it is a loaded up car similar to a lot of the cars that other forum members claim to have gotten deals on. I personally would not have wanted that car at any price, since I don't want DCT, the Executive Package, or LBB, all personal preferences. Then you throw in considerations of savings on sales tax with a trade in, which makes any sort of long distance transaction very dicey; I would not personally drive hours and hours with my trade-in vehicle, only to risk that the dealer wouldn't honor a verbal agreement when I got there.

And, in truth, the amount of effort I would put in on a car deal like this, to save a few thousand dollars is limited. In my business dealings, a few thousand dollars is a rounding error. I suspect I am not alone here with that attitude.