View Single Post
      03-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #166
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

hey guys, i'm back!!!

Went thru a pretty bad sinus reconstruction in early in early February and then the crazy ass blizzards we've had around here so no work on the car in wayyyy too long.

Here is where I am now. Thanks to a great member here I got a great rundown on how to properly prep the block in car and get ready for oringing. Local member Boris is lending me his oring tool, thanks man!

Today's progress, more will happen Saturday as i'm slammed tomorrow w plans in the evening.

1st step

sealing the cylinders so no metal shavings or wd40 (which will be used as lubricant for the honing stones I'll be using on the block later) enter the cylinder which could certainly cause damage.

I've been trying to figure out the best way. What I ended up was using 3" PVC screw in end caps and sanding down the threads to get just under a 3 3/8" OD which pretty closely seals the cylinder. I had to cut off the end blocks on the caps and glue them to the underside to reduce their height.

2 of the cylinders I cut a few circles w a 3.5" hole saw, or I should say Adam did. Put those on top of the PVC caps to bring the level up to make it easier to seal with Silicone.

Here is the end result, all nicely siliconed up so seal it. Silicone will be easy to remove after the block prep is done.

close up to see the level, its close to the block height but I made sure it was below by a few mm for clearance.

More to come and i'll try and keep it as detailed as possible.

================================================== ======

For more good news and a bit of fun, Adam got some new wheels for his ESS s/c M5

I am in love with these wheels, wish I could find a set for my M3. 18x9.5" in the rear and only 19lbs! Wrapped in 275 Ps2's in the rear. He's still having traction issues at the top end of 2nd gear and into 3rd.

and hows this for a clean interior on an e39, freshly detailed and a nice coat of Poorboy's Leather Stuff, the seats drank it up....and god the smell is good!

and a great addition to the garage, tankless hot water heater FTW!!!!

Adam hard at work

Giggity!! No more freezing hands baby