Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
The supercar 8C got canned as well...

The 4C coupe also got canned cause it wasn't selling very well...

To be honest if the 4C had a 6 speed manual I would have bought one and so would many other people I know...they had a sports car focus vision 6-7 years ago but the execution of their stupid management stuffed up everything.

Now they are turning their back on sports car and onto SUVs and perhaps EVs...boring

I will never buy any car from them going forward...their track record shows they are unable to commit to making exciting sports car which really was their true heritage.
The lack of manual was one of the most head scratching moves i've ever seen a car company make.

I get the appeal of a DCT, it's faster and real world better than a manual. It's perfectly suited to supercars and stuff like the GT-R. But a bantamweight 250hp sports car? I'd think something like that would be all about feel and connection even at the cost of outright speed. And in fact, Alfa went with no power steering for the car, a choice that again spoke to feel over speed and convenience. No manual was just such a weird choice for that car. Oh well. At least it's not the only tiny, mid-engined sports car that weighs nothing and will break all the time.
Appreciate 0