SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Since I'm a regular reader of your postings and appreciate "most" of your comments, I'm really curious about your opinion on the "M4cs" I'm currently in the negotiation phase. Thanks��BTW, The current deals are pretty amazing hence my interest.
Thanks! I know that I push some people's buttons but some people need their buttons pushed.

I have two friends in the Bay area that own them and they both track them. And they also love them! I haven't driven one myself so I have no personal experience to share.

I'm not sure I would buy one to use as a daily driver and I definitely think that it's a waste of money for most people if they don't intend to track it on a regular basis, i.e., at least 2-3 times a year. Face it, for most people, the "standard" M3/M4 is more than they need, especially if they're never going to track it.

However, many people in the M3/M4 forum buy an M3/M4 with no intention of tracking it and many of those people are in it for the "boy racer" image. Many of the same people will sink thousands into performance mods, such as downpipes, tunes, meth, lowering springs, spacers, etc. for nothing more than bragging rights at the next cars & coffee parking lot meets. Some of these people are just lease buyers, so they'll just lease a car for 36 months and then they're on to the next thing.

But two of my mottos are "I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of me or my car" and "No one is going to tell me what to do or not to do with my car", so when it comes right down to it my opinion, or anyone else's opinion isn't really that important. If you like the CS, and can afford a CS, then you should buy it. Just be honest with yourself on why you're buying it. Personally, I don't think it makes financial sense, especially if you're not going to track it, but I tend to be more practical than many.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by SD ///M4; 02-23-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
doug_9992542.50