View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 03:09 AM   #7
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

I have done a LOT of research and tested a few pads on my Z4M and Mazda 3. I would give you the following advice:

1. Ceramic pads won't ever bite like more aggressive organic/semi-metal pads.
2. The M2C's brakes are way overboosted and very touchy, so they could actually benefit from less bite.
3. I was not impressed with Hawk HPS 5.0 on my Mazda 3, due to low initial bite. That might be fine for the M2C given the touchy pedal. The HPS 5.0 are significantly less dusty than the OEM Mazda pad which was similar to an OEM BMW pad.

Conclusion - OEM is safest, you know it'll fit perfectly and be good on the street. If you really must tinker, the Hawk HPS 5.0 is a pad with less initial bite and less dust. Other options that have favorable reviews are Porterfield R4S and Ferodo DS2500. I have only used the Hawks so I can't vouch for the other two. The Hawk will definitely be less dusty than the BMW pad. I am not sure it's better all the time, though. I'd probably avoid the ceramic pads but I haven't tried them so I can't say. The Centric semi-metal Posi-Quiet pads should be similar to OEM - but I don't know how much less dusty they are.
Appreciate 0