View Single Post
      09-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #716
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think if your heart is set on an M2, then you pull the trigger now. If you have a few cars that fit the bill, and are at the top couple of slots on CS list, then roll the dice.
There will be used M2s on the market, and still a shot at a regular m2 if you wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Yea right now I just got a DD to replace the totaled M4 and my allocation is supposed to start production tomorrow so I am going ahead with the '18 M2 and not pursuing the CS. This means I could have a car in just over two months
It's gonna live up to your expectations.

Jeremy Clarkson when he test drove an M2 (with manual transmission) in The Grand Tour: "I think this is the best M car BMW has ever made. | This car happily has an old back-to-basics approach. | Klaus and Fritz, I am loving your work. | This isn't as fast in a straight line as an M3, but everywhere else it is better. It feels less heavy, less cumbersome, and due to the unique characteristics of our straight, I can tell the steering is less twitchy. | This thing is an absolute masterpiece. I can say it is the best M car BMW has ever made. It's mad to suggest the cheapest M car is the best. But look at it this way: this track is a lot cheaper than Silverstone, and I know which one I'd rather drive around. | It's a fabulous car, it's a brilliant car, it really honestly is."

Clocked already over 25K kms with mine and can say that it's a wicked car.