View Single Post
      10-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #329
Jarran
Fast doesn't always equal fun. But fun feels fast.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp DCT w BBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Why would you get rid of a GT4 to get a M2
I was expecting this question.
It´s about versatility. GT4 was a fantastic ride - on the track. On public road, speeds (where I could really enjoy the GT4 abilities), were just silly and I found the cabin noisy. The cabin noise led to me driving to and back from trackdays wearing my noise cancelling headphones to avoid headache. Many of my fellow GT4 owners trailed their cars to and from track due to the cabin noise.

Also - having previously enjoyed the occasional company of my wife for a weekend ride in the car, became more and more seldom because it was difficult to have a normal conversation due to cabin noise.

Fantastic car for trackdays, but for me not enough versatility. I consider my previous Porsche 991.2 being a more usable car overall. Do I miss my GT4 - for sure and probably always will to some extent, however I hope to find a car that I will enjoy driving to Nürburgring and back home, and not only the track experience as such.

I read so many here in this forum praising the GT4, but in my mind the GT4 comes at a cost of wonderful performance within a somewhat narrow scope of usability, and it may not be to everyones preferences. If I had a lot more money than I do - then I´d probably have kept the GT4, but I only have room for 1 car for my driving enjoyment. I think Savageese on Youtube made a rather accurate review of the car, however I wanted to know first hand, and it was a "bucket list" thing for me to have owned a GT Porsche. Now I have and know what it´s like.

Former BMW M2 CS prospect, turned M2C owner.

Last edited by Jarran; 10-18-2019 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: spelling adjustment
Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
PLF693770.00