Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
I have a 2020 Comp that i love (HS/6mt/blue stitching/exec), however, last year I was involved in a fender bender, so the car had to be repaired and painted. This really made my nights sleepless as I was planning to keep the car long term, but no longer can I deal with the fact that it has accident history. So I'm shopping around, and stumbled into a local dealer, who has a few options for me

New M3 to be delivered first part of February (manual), at MSRP
Order new M4 manual at MSRP
or pick up M2CS at MSRP (HS/manual/steelies).

I looked at the one they have on the show room floor, and I'm just not sure what happened with it...
1. Why red stitching? I hate red... Why couldn't they keep it blue or give an option for blue? Blue is a bmw color... as much as I am considering the CS, I just don't get why they would do this?
2. Why is the M2CS badge chrome? WTF? M2 comp is in black, pretty much everything m nowadays is in black, why is it chrome? WTF? such a small thing, but why? why?
3. Why are the brakes red? I hate red (see above). I loved that my M2C has gold ones, really nice color... blue is nice too, but why red?? Why not have an option for color calipers? It's not like a huge design issue or anything...
4. The weave on the roof is different than the rest of the carbon... again why???
5. Why are there still no thigh bolsters?? WTF... I was upset about it when I was getting my M2C (one of the few things i don't like about it), but why not make it available on the top model? the extending thigh bolsters is like a BMW thing, it goes way back (even my E38 has them). All M cars certainly have them, minus the M2 and now the M2CS!
6. I'm not even touching the elbow rest, we all feel the same about it.

Was there someone at BMW that approved this final thing? were they just F it, have Karen in the parts department finish the details? These are small items, that are annoying as hell, and seems like either an oversight, or just one man's vision of what we would want. How is it that on almost every other BMW you can customize out ya a**, and here you are just stuck.. I get that its limited, but at $85k couldn't you give me at least the option to choose stitching color or not make the badge chrome? It's not like you have to redesign anything, its not creating any more work (take the $500 from that absurd $85k sticker to make somethings optional).

Honestly... if i could have blue stitching, gold calipers, and an elbow rest, id prob be making the purchase, but now i have to go home, cry myself to sleep and think if I'll be able to live with that red inside the car. I can paint the ducking M2CS badge, i can close my eyes on the weave pattern, but I'm not taking on the caliper painting and red ducking interior and an elbow rest...

I think this is a big fail by the bmw... such little and simple things...
I'm just curious if it bugs anyone else?
I love most of the things you don't like about the car

The red stitching looks very cool IMO. The carbon weave roof has been mentioned by every one of my passengers as an amazing checkerboard. The seats are unbelievably good. I've been driving non stop since delivery and haven't noticed the left elbow rest missing at all because the lower seat bolster provides arm support. The chrome badging looks slick and timeless (You can easily change to black after market btw). And the massive red calipers look very good with black wheels. A few people have commented on them already. Also the steering wheel which some reviewers have complained about is perfect for me. My wife has driven it and she has small hands. She's says it's very good. Can't believe she finds it spot on and Joe Achilles whines about it. Had to laugh.

Agree with a few of the other posters - don't get the CS car if you've got doubts. You either love it or don't I suspect. It's not a car for making many compromises with.
Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50