c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Hard to ignore enthusiasts on this forum are constantly drawing comparison to Porsche. . . It is a very off-putting insecurity that is particularly prominent among the M2CS crowd.

I am a Porsche guy who came to BMW because I could not resist the M2C . . . 718 CGTS was the best sport car I have ever owned. M2C is the best car I have ever owned. I absolutely love it.

I am so enthralled with my M2C I have already submitted order for G80 M3C . . . with close eye on the future with the G87 M2C.

Porsche sport cars are awesome, but the BMW sporty coupes/sedans are very special in their own right.

The M2C is an absolutely marvelous beast. Enjoy every minute of what it has to offer . . . even if most everything there is to say in a forum has already been said.

///AVM
There is nothing wrong with BMW but, as I have stated in other threads, BMW has kind of diluted their main vehicles. The M cars are great but typically derived from their passenger vehicles. It’s difficult to make a direct comparison from an M2 to a 718 GT4 simply because the 718 is a purpose built sports car out of the box. Sure, you can compare performance metrics, but driving dynamics are a good bit different.

And it isn’t just BMWs getting compared to Porsche, so are Corvettes. Try going over to a C8 forum and read the Porsche related threads. Even when they are hating on Porsche, the only thing the can come up with is price and how cheap their car is in comparison. But then I haven’t seen a 911 snap a valve spring with less than 200 miles either.

I was slow to realize that the old adage “you get what you pay for” kind of applies to Porsche. They charge the prices they do because they are that good. You get a near exotic performance car with the reliability of Toyota that doesn’t get heat soak when put through its paces. I’ve never heard of a Porsche you can’t take to the track if you wanted to, but you can’t take a base C8 to the track without the Z51 package....what the heck is that?
Appreciate 0