View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #32
Msmall143
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestarter2 View Post
I think people have a issue with the business practices that come with it. Having a waiting list but not following it. Changing the verbally agreed to price after the fact. Listing cars online at MSRP so people call just to tell them its thats price plus 10k.

If I dealer is going to make as much as possible on a car why would you think you would ever get a good deal from that dealer on anything else?
Just FYI, cars listed on car.com and autotrader are many times auto listed via software. so the minute the dealer gets an inventory update it is auto listed at the msrp on the site even if its previously spoken for. dealers arent manually listing cars for the most part. i think the deception aspect is pretty rare and the buyer would be just as much to blame as the dealer because getting it in writing is 100% best practice, i wouldnt ever rely on a verbal agreement. wouldnt it make more sense to have a list of dealers selling at msrp? Every dealer listed here is eventually going to sell at or below msrp...its just supply and demand, every new hot car goes through this. plenty of people willing to pay a premium to get things first.

i'm with the majority as well, i wouldnt pay a markup. its greedy, but it is their right, just like its our right to pass on buying.
Appreciate 0