11-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #34
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
The ZF 8 speed, while being a normal torque-converter tranny, is absolutely awesome. It's no wonder that they're being put into every car available nowadays. Also I'm pretty sure that I read that the 7 speed DCT from BMW is a thing of the past, as moving forward the auto BMW's will have a ZF (I could be wrong, but I swear it was on here somewhere).
Just to clarify, the transmission difference is something to note for people who work on cars. I'm not making a judgement call about which is better.

Personally, if forced to choose between the two self-shifters, I'd rather have a really nice torque converter auto than a so-so dual clutch unit (i've been told the 7-speed DCT in the m2 is good but not great.)

Quote:
I live in Toronto, and frankly opted for rwd to take advantage and have some extra fun during our winters. I was thinking about the auto/zf with rwd combo when looking at some 235s but settled with a manual rwd because it was well kept. Trust me when I say, I literally NEVER feel any resentment or jealousy towards m2s, I see them as different cars so to speak, like an m3/4. I actually almost feel a little bad for their n55s ��
There's an M240i that parks one level up from me at the parking garage at my house. I drive by it every time i'm coming and going in my M2 Competition. Every time I think two things
1. That's a nice car! and
2. I wish my car was that color (mineral grey, WHY WOULD YOU DROP THAT ONE FOR THE Comp BMW?)

The M2, the M2 Competition, and the M240i are all nice cars. There isn't a single one of those vehicles I wouldn't enjoy driving the fuck out of.

Last edited by Moflow; 11-27-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0