11-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #18
Hangman4358
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F31 328d Sportline

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2014 328d F31  [0.00]
I just recently made the same decision. I ended up with the M2. I got a 2017 that had come off lease with ~28k miles for 45k OTD. The entire time I was looking for an M240 in EB or an M2 in LBB, or MG if I really could not find a blue one.

The market for the cars is definitely all over the place. It took me almost 4 months to find the right car. LBB definitely has a price premium over black or white or grey on the market. Manual definitely has a price premium over DCT which is odd given that currently there are 3x as many manual M2s listed on Auto trader as DCT cars and the manual ones sit for much longer. The manuals also usually have fewer miles. My assumption is people bought the manuals and then realized they either didn't know how to drive a manual or that they didn't want to DD a manual.

Lastly, body damage. I found that finding an M2 without repainted panels to be almost impossible. Main culprit the rear fenders. People must drive them like idiots and smash them all the time. Probably not as noticable on the black and white cars but on LBB you can spot the cheapo McPaint-n-Go paint jobs from a mile away. The missing PPF film also gives it away.
Appreciate 0