View Single Post
      11-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #17
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT/RWD EBII

I very recently made this decision, ended up picking up a used 2017 m240i rwd manual with 15500 km's for $39.5kCAD. I am very satisfied with my decision and I made it based off of a couple main factors to add to your list.

1. Adaptive suspension vs always stiff
This was necessary for me because I have some chronic lower back pains (from bad posture mostly) and Toronto's streets, especially during the winter are BRUTAL.
2. B58 vs N55
In addition to all the usual stuff people say (closed vs open, hpfps, etc), I opted for the future increased modding potential with the b58's use in the supra
3. M vs mperf
This is my first car, and intend to keep it for at least 5 years. Especially with the things I have done to it, I can't necessarily rely on bmw or warranties so I need to be able to maintain upkeep without paying some of mparts outrageous pricing. Among other pricing discrepancies between them, the difference the models make for insurance costs is key (especially under 25)
4. Leather colour options
Ever since I was a wee lad, I always had a liking for BMW's red leather interior, and it simply was not an option for m2s
5. I have taken it to the drag strip and got the exact reaction I wanted. Got underestimated by a built foxbody, and had the last laugh.

I NEVER feel resentment or jealousy towards m2s, I am very happy being a normal 2er 😜
Also I disagreed with some things stated previously.
The m2 and m240i have almost identical brake setups, with the former having slightly larger, drilled discs instead.
Even if you opt for the auto, the zf is more the capable of servicing most drivers needs, and seeing how it's being used in all the new m cars, it can't be that bad?
The handling and steering woes can be easily remidied with a LCA swap (and some others)
The cosmetic styling can be adjusted to equal if not better
I compared with my good buddy with an frs and we pretty much get the same distance out of our gas tanks, with my driving still in the spirited 'honeymoon' phase
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00