11-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #7
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
There's something special about driving an M division product, especially the M2.

Beyond the driving dynamics you have the noise, styling, and uniqueness aspect of it all.
Yeah, definitely a huge selling point IMO, I will have no regrets there. While if I buy the M240i, I would be thinking I should have got the M.

Here are the primary things I have to figure out before pulling the trigger:

1. MPG for those that drive mostly on the highway. While driving on the highway, what does your real-time MPG gauge tell you? I get 30 now, I think I could live with 26 if this is accurate.

2. Long-term reliability. I know this is tough since this car is still pretty new. All cars I buy have to go for the long haul since I drive ~25k per year so I will have this thing until likely 150k-200k miles. After 2-3 years it will be high mileage and I wouldn't make much money back so it's worthwhile just keeping it.

3. Ease of maintenance for common things: brake pads, oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid.

4. Manual vs auto. I hear no bad things about the auto so I am leaning towards it since I sit in 15-20 minutes of traffic each way for work, every day. Plus it'll be much easier in the morning while drinking coffee. I think the auto will also be a lot easier to find. But long term, I think replacing a clutch will be easier than having work done on a slush box.

Last edited by MPR; 11-24-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0