View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #43
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Just put my Sottozero Serie 2's on. In 265/35 front and 285/35 rear. It's crazy how much taller a tire they are than the 255/275 summer setup I was running. I can only squeeze 1 finger in the rear fender gap now. I'm lowered on KW V3's, 2 clicks stiffer than factory settings btw. And I'm at the height settings dinan recommends for their lowering springs. Rears also stick out a bit from the fender. Look like they'll rub, but so far haven't. Fronts turn lock to lock with no rubbing and are still inside the fender, but I think that's because of the factory camber. I have 5mm spacers I might try in the front someday.

It hasn't snowed yet, but it's been in the mid 20s Fahrenheit and my summer tires would spin in 3rd gear rolling into ~25% throttle. So far I haven't been able to get the winter rears to spin at all. And I've pushed it a lot harder than I have in a while. I'm sure I can get them to spin if I try harder, but I'm still getting used to the tires. I'm FBO BM3 Stg2 too.

Forecast doesn't predict snow at all for the rest of the month, but I'm excited to try them in the snow. I feel it's gonna be like learning the car all over again and I'm gonna push it a little harder than I should. But hey, that's what empty parking lots are for.
Appreciate 0