Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
PA4s worked fine driving across all of Canada in January. I used them all winter here in NB where we see some of the most snowfall in Canada.
The PA4 tire reviews are very scattered. I'd love to get them here in suburbs of NY but I need to drive 40 miles a day and I'm concerned. They do plow where i am but for sure I've had to drive home during storms as the plows are out but roads not cleared yet. NY is also very hilly so I wondered if people in snowy regions who say the PA4s are fine live in flat areas.

I've had Nokian R2's on my M3 and they were unstoppable in snow and ice. Never a concern. But in the dry, my traction light flashed constantly under any throttle at all. Very frustrating not being able to accelerate at even a moderate pace.

Some reviews say the PA4s are fine but others say stay away if you get constant snow. Can you tell me more about your commute and flat versus hilly driving?

Otherwise I am leaning going with a studless tire again, probably the Viking 7.
Where are you in NY? I'm in WESTCHESTER county NY and my commute is from northern Westchester to White Plains. I have a long uphill trek when I enter I684 north from WP to home and I have zero issues going uphill. As long as I have enough ground clearance I'm great. Last November's freak 7" snowstorm was easy with the PA4s! While many coworkers had 4-5 hour longer than usual commutes home while my commute was only 50 minutes compared to 24 minutes normally. I dodged stuck tractor trailers, stuck front wheel drive cars and everyone else running performance tires on the long uphill slog home. PA4s work well for me in winter.