11-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #37
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
The PA4 tire reviews are very scattered. I'd love to get them here in suburbs of NY but I need to drive 40 miles a day and I'm concerned. They do plow where i am but for sure I've had to drive home during storms as the plows are out but roads not cleared yet. NY is also very hilly so I wondered if people in snowy regions who say the PA4s are fine live in flat areas.

I've had Nokian R2's on my M3 and they were unstoppable in snow and ice. Never a concern. But in the dry, my traction light flashed constantly under any throttle at all. Very frustrating not being able to accelerate at even a moderate pace.

Some reviews say the PA4s are fine but others say stay away if you get constant snow. Can you tell me more about your commute and flat versus hilly driving?

Otherwise I am leaning going with a studless tire again, probably the Viking 7.
I would say my area is moderately hilly, but not severely. Maybe they just exceeded my expectation because I was expecting the M2C to be undrivable in winter with any tires. I certainly did have my fair share of trouble, getting stuck in very deep snow a couple of times, but that was mostly my fault. If you are a seasoned winter driver, I think the PA4s will work absolutely fine. They did for me.

Just an idea of how much snow we can get overnight here.
Appreciate 1
trey1001125.00