Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Moving to Ontario ... need some advice!

Hi All,
I’ve got my official assignment notice today for a project in Ottawa, Ontario. I’m pretty excited to be on the east coast for the next 3-4 years since I’ve never really spent any time over there. I’m leaving my family here in Vancouver so it’ll be a pretty bare-bones move.. just the essentials like M2 + Tools + Track gear maybe some clothes. I was hoping some of the pros here could give me some hints on the following topics:
1. Company will be shipping my car, who here has used car shippers within Canada before, and what company do you recommend?
2. I’ve shipped cars in Europe before and back then you were not allowed to leave anything in the car. I’m assuming it’s the same over here?
3. I run 0-W40 year round in Vancouver, what do you guys recommend for Ontario winters? The car will be parked indoors and it will only be used occasionally during the winter.
4. I’ve ordered some Michelin Pilot Alpine for the OEM rims, do you guys think that’ll be ok for the occasional winter drive?
5. I hear the roads are salted over there, do you guys do anything to protect your cars? Mine is no garage queen, and years of track use have left the odd chip here and there but I don’t want to add corrosion to it.

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0