View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #11
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Good point regarding Carfax and participation. However, it's also possible that the dealership specifically requested that the information be withheld from Carfax. When I reached out to the dealership (Monday) and inquired specifically about the situation (professionally of course), this was exact the response I received.

"

I pulled BMW’s Service History report for the M2 and have attached a copy for your reference. If any repairs were done by the factory, they would have been indicated there. I have no records of work done here either. I think this was an ordered car, so it probably wasn’t on our premises very long.

I’ve seen paint defects before on new BMW’s, so it’s not unheard of, although it is very rare. Given that it’s been a year since you took delivery, it might be tough to get BMW to address it, but it would be begun through Service at either store if you want to pursue that. However, a fix would generally require sanding down the factory paint and repainting that area of the car, so it’s usually not something I would advise. "

I think it's safe to assume that this didn't occur at the port unless there are individuals here that can indicate otherwise. I honestly hoped this was a factory defect. If it truly unfolds to be something else then this is disheartening.

///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Carfax data is not really reliable in this circumstance. The repair facility, Auto Nation or others would need to be participants in the data feed to Carfax. The repairing dealer or shop would have had to be a participant. Also not sure how long it takes from the work being done until posting in Carfax.

Bottom line is there is no question this was repaired post factory. If at dealer, there would have to be a record. If at port, there would be a record at BMW.
Appreciate 0