07-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #71
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
I own both M2 and Model 3 and I got one word for you all: EV is the future.
Well then, let me respond with just one word:

I'm not entirely sure I actually enjoy electric cars more than much slower gasoline engined cars, for me a large part of the enjoyment that comes from driving is necessarily derived from straight line speed. If i had to really analyze my enjoyment i'd say it basically comes down to a sense of control over the vehicle. I've never felt that comfortable with the way that electric cars deliver their power, now this could just be from a lifetime of dealing with more traditional power bands, but electric cars just give you too much too soon. I tend to think of Teslas as being incredible muscle cars, which, admittedly makes them cool in their own right, and don't get me wrong i'd 100 percent own a Tesla, i just don't think of it as a "sports car" its not going to scratch that particular itch. I suppose there is nothing fundamental about electric cars i object to though. I've never been in a Tesla roadster, but assuming the driving dynamics were good, i'd probably be totally okay with something like that, though i'd really miss shifting gears. Honestly, gears are kind of a thing in and of themself. I just love the feeling of shifting, like, you're going through acceleration in stages, every shift is a new opportunity to take a split second break before the fun starts again. And of course there's the sound, i've yet to hear anything electric that sounds cool. Granted, some gas engines sound like shit (I drive a 350Z this is a phenomenon I am familiar with) so I can't really just universally give a pass to gasoline engines. Anyway, i think i've made my point which, contrary to what you've just read has nothing to do with the relative merits of gasoline vs. electric propulsion in the automobile, it was actually that you claimed to only be leaving us with one word, when in fact you were giving us four.
Appreciate 0