akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
The truth is that neither of these cars appeal to the sort of drivers that made the BMW brand.

I have an LCI 2018 M2 6MT manual. It reminds me of the bottle of 2010 red Burgundy I had with dinner tonight with my business partner. Don't get me wrong, I love 2010 red Burgundies, and it is one of my all time favorite vintages. But this bottle, from a producer and vineyard that we both like, was uninteresting, flat, and monotonal.

I have 3 older BMWs, all manuals, and every single one of them is way more fun to drive than my M2. I'm sure that I'd have the same opinion of an M2c; too automated, too electronic, not connected to the human driver.

Powerful; yes. But unconnected, akin to driving a car in a video game.
Bullshit - then why did you buy the M2? Did you test drive it?
The OG M2 and the M2C are fantastic cars period - you must be tired of it...or something.
He hated it when he read about it, hated it when he shopped around for one, hated it on the test drive, hated it when he bought it. This will be the car that does everything he wanted, but still hated. He's got the three 1 series BMWs or maybe just two now that he all likes better.

But BMWs doesn't sell a 2 door coup bigger than a 1 series but smaller than 3 series with hydraulic steering. So he's got nothing new he can buy that's going to feel like the older cars, and he doesn't need anymore used 1 series BMWs.

Maybe a super clean 335i or e90 m3 would be preferred by him.

Last edited by akkando; 06-06-2019 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 3
DanG10444.00
Ikester192120.50