05-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #35
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
The steering is not a minor thing, it is a HUGE deal.

The rest is being surrounded by "electronic everything," and too much weight, which turns the car into something akin to driving a car in an arcade or video game. My 2000 clown shoe Z3M coupe with the lowly 240 HP S52 engine is about 1000 times more enjoyable and engaging to drive than any M2 ever was or ever will be. In a sense, I'd rather drive my old 1973 2002 (not tii) which must have turned to a pile of rust several decades ago.

I did the one day M Performance school in CA last winter and I am no race car driver. Based on that experience I think that the current M cars (including the M2) are probably really awesome on a track, and if that is your usage than I think you probably have found some of the best M cars, ever. What the current M cars are, however, is not much fun to drive. Unless of course, all you care about is acceleration, but then you could get a Ford F-350, and that has a lot of power, also.
Did you ever drive the E36 M3? I only ask because I'm curious what you think/thought of it. I wish I still had mine so I could make a comparison between it and my M2.
Appreciate 0