View Single Post
      04-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
hdizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

N55 M2 vs. 997.2 C2S

So I'm wondering if anyone here has experience driving both of these cars, as I'm considering a move to a 911 from my LCI M2.

The 991 is an awesome car, no doubt, but if I'm going to buy into that generation I'd rather wait until the the Carrera T depreciates a bit more and jump on that one. The 991.1 C2 that I drove was really amazing, but I think I'd prefer the enthusiast spec of the Carrera T, which is still in the high 80K range used.

Until then, the 997.2 C2S is an appealing move for me. It has depreciated enough where if I got into one and moved on only after a year or two, I wouldn't lose much money.

I love the size and proportions of the 997, and I don't mind if it's less roomy on the inside. I've driven a 997.2 C2 (non-s) and it was surprisingly powerful and torquey.

Ultimately I do not care about numbers, stats, 0-60, etc. I care about 'feel', quality, and fun factor.

Can anyone with experience driving both the OG M2 and 997.2 C2S chime in and tell me if this is a boneheaded move?

I live in an area where it is very difficult to test drive cars that aren't soulless appliances.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0