V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi Nick,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Though I remember reading this on BimmerCode's website to have the engine off & ignition on when coding?
I'm with David.m on this - I kept my ignition on/engine running while coding to avoid the ignition cutting out mid-way through coding. I took a look at the Bimmercode website and I can't see any reference there to having the engine off (the only instruction I saw was "Ignition On").

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
... had no problem coding the stop/start to remember last setting, reduced the mirror folding on closing time to .5 sec and got rid of the legal disclaimer. I followed the recommendations on this forum & had engine running/put phone into aeroplane mode for the coding process.
I'd also endorse putting the phone into aeroplane mode - if you get a call in the middle of coding, that may not give good results. I used an iPad (it has a bigger screen so it was a bit easier to navigate), but I also put that into aeroplane mode as I didn't want other tasks (e.g. alerts, SMS messages etc) popping up while I was coding.

The changes that I did on top of what David.m has mentioned were the seat belt warnings, turning on the door LED's while reversing, enabling the TV during motion and configuring the reversing camera not to cut out when I take the car out of reverse and into drive (its really useful to have the camera remain active).

Interestingly, as a result of the last change, I've found that the Voice Recognition doesn't work while the reverse camera is active!

terrywang: one note in case you've not completely read the coding threads - some of the software configuration settings for the M2 have changed between model years. For example, I think that the MY16/MY17 cars have different reverse camera/parking sensor behaviour to the MY18 cars. If you have an earlier model year, you can get your BMW dealer to flash it and bring it up to the latest firmware level .. however this is a mixed bag as at some point BMW removed the ability to configure the number of indicator flashes when changing lane.

Happy Coding!
Appreciate 1