MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
As with the rest of the M2: it's even better in real life than on pictures. You won't be disappointed. I'm pleased with this addition.

As also forum fellow gthal righteously pointed out, the diameter is virtually the same, but it's more chunky, meaty than the stock M2 steering wheel. More stuff to grab for both your hands.

Though it's all pretty subjective, in my book it does not only look better than the stock M2 steering wheel (without being overkill for this car), but it also feels better and is slightly more functional. Thumbs feel a little more 'locked in' in the thumb-rests and rest comfortably on the soft Alcantara 'pussy' fabric. Less slippery/cold than full leather. I also like the flatter bottom design, facilitating to eventually relax both hands whilst cruising, by 'grabbing' the bottom almost horizontally (instead of slightly inclined with the stock M2 wheel). Just in case you're wondering: I'm still talking about the steering wheel here.

More on aesthetics: I like the addition of some Alcantara and open-pore CF trim, as those materials already feature elsewhere inside the interior. It further matches/completes the car. Furthermore, when outside the car and peeking through any window, the blue 12h marker is pretty 'in your face' - can't escape the eye.

It's the steering wheel used in the M2 MotoGP Safety Car, with the exception of the cover (gold-colored trim + Alcantara). See below.

M2 (M-DCT) interior with M Performance steering wheel (not my picture):

M2 MotoGP Safety Car interior:

M2 MotoGP Safety Car interior - Close-up:
Attachment 1453990
As always wonderful story! Ordering in the coming months... If I do it all in one go now, it is so boring.

MR
Appreciate 0