01-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #144
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosoul Bastard View Post
well here it is not specifically forbidden by law too, but 9 out of 10 insurances wont pay you anything at all, the same with missing snow tires after an accident on snowy ground
So do 9 out of 10 Swiss Insurers state in their coverage that if you are involved in an accident and you aren't wearing footwear acceptable to them, that they won't pay you? Sounds like an opportunity for a competitor, given that there is no rational basis for such a policy.

One could certainly argue that in the case of a serious accident that having all of your body covered in a protective suit of some sort would be beneficial. No argument with that. But as to the idea that you are more likely to be responsible for creating an accident because you are wearing shorts or no shoes at all -- that's just ridiculous.

I think that people should wear whatever they are most comfortable wearing when they drive, so long as what they are wearing doesn't compromise their ability to drive or creates a problem for the safety of others.

As to missing snow tires in on snowy ground, that should depend on whether or not the tires were a contributing factor in the accident. I have snow tires installed on the two cars that I drive in the winter, so obviously I believe that they have value. On the other hand, if you were dumb enough to be driving a car with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the snow, and some idiot with snow tires on their car runs into you, totally their fault, then I don't think that your tires had anything to do with it, and you should be covered.