View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #51
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SConn View Post
If you reread my original post, you can see that I never once argued that the M2C isn't superior. It seems the general consensus is that it is. What I said is that I don't see how it would add to the "average" driving enjoyment. And I stand by that statement.

My Vette had 460 hp/465 tq. It was fun getting to the speed limit in 1 sec, but then what? Then it's just frustration because there's so much left on the table and you know it and you can't do anything about it without ending up with a ticket or in jail. Did I look cool going to my local grocery store? Like someone else said in another thread "I didn't look like a peasant".

Looks-wise, the average person can't tell the difference between and M2 and a 230i. So that's not a reason to get one over an OG or lci.

My point and experience with my M2 lci (which was just to share my opinion with the OP) is that I am perfectly happy with the lci and have never felt buyer's remorse knowing what the M2C has to offer. Especially with the price difference between the two that I would have been paying (used '18 vs new M2C).

So tell me, how do the upgrades in the M2C make a better AVERAGE daily driver than the M2 lci? I'm not being snarky. Maybe I am missing out on something? Because I'm being honest when I say I haven't driven the M2C.
Look at the graph again. The majority of street driving is 2,500-4,500 RPM on a day to day basis. The M2C makes a lot more power and torque in the usable powerband, on average 60 whp and 40 wtq. Unless you're putting around at half throttle everywhere on your daily commute that is certainly noticeable. By your logic, If you are driving like a grandma you don't even need a regular M2, just buy a 230i or a Miata. A regular M2 is more than enough to rapidly reach go to jail speeds.

Beyond the motor the brakes are also much sharper and responsive with the 2NH upgrade over the blue caliper setup, the steering weighting is also much better in the M2c and can be adjusted independently of the throttle.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 04-19-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0