View Single Post
      05-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #15
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Never thought about that. I mean with the warranty expiring after 36,000 miles that does leave us out in no mans land pretty quickly. I can see the people at the dealership being more inclined to help if I've spent more money with them, that's human nature. Good on you to recognize that. Then again, one might say you've "pre-paid" for the repairs in an event like that as well. Damn. I can see a compelling argument both for, and against.
I don't plan to do any tuning modifications to the car. I do plan to add an intake and exhaust and some other cosmetic things here and there. I'm thinking it may not be worth it.
Another dilemma: if you get extended warranty you normally plan to keep the car for a longer time than the OEM warranty period. But if you decide for whatever reason to sell your car at an earlier point in time, you can legitimately claim that - unlike the vast majority of similar used cars put up for sale - yours still benefits factory warranty. Even during trade-in, the dealer cannot play the "yeah, but we got to offer warranty to the next owner" card.