View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #87
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
I test drove M2, M2C and M4 as someone that drives m240i. I wasn't blown away as i expected from the hype (The interiors were almost the same as my car apart from the seats in M2c and M4 competitions). I did my thuggery drives around roundabouts, curvy slip road, B roads and motor ways. None of the above blew me away as an m240i (with MPE) driver. They are better in cornering with more rigid chassis but not that better. The reality was not equal to the hype

I am an aural person. The exhaust sounds matter to me. All the Ms above sound louder but unpleasant

However I was blown away by the beautiful roar of V8 on up shifting manually and effortlessness of picking up speed on motorways when I test drove F10 M5 but the interior is too dated for me as I also drive the current G30 5 series

Would I buy one of the M2/M3/M4 later this year or early next year? YES. Or M5.

Why would I buy one? YES. Because of the heritage, sexy exterior and because I am a BMW fanboy

M2s should move over, a new kid is in town called Supra.

Would I buy a Supra? No. However I recognise it is a better value
It sounds like to me that the car just isnt what you are looking for in a drive. Nothing wrong with that as everyone has their own tastes. I'm curious what you expected out of the M cars? I find most people in general do not drive their cars hard enough especially not on a test drive to really start to feel the difference between performance models. Not that i recommend reckless driving at all i actually detest it. For me when i bought my S2000 it honestly just felt like any other small roadster. It wasnt until i started autocrossing the car is when i really noticed how different and how much better that car is compared to my BRZ or even my roommates ND MX-5.

For me, because i now have a good year of Autocross under my belt, seeing the small nuances between vehicles is more apparent than it was previously. My friend LOVES his GTI and for him its the most grippy, sporty car he's ever driven. I find that car suffers a lot from understeer, being top heavy, and having really mushy brakes, but its all based on what we both want from a driving experience.
Appreciate 3
Tag18135.50
bri10425929.50
natmad667.00