02-15-2020, 02:54 AM   #85
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Please expand on 'not as wonderful'. Comes across like you're pinning your subjective view of the M2 onto everyone else.
I test drove M2, M2C and M4 as someone that drives m240i. I wasn't blown away as i expected from the hype (The interiors were almost the same as my car apart from the seats in M2c and M4 competitions). I did my thuggery drives around roundabouts, curvy slip road, B roads and motor ways. None of the above blew me away as an m240i (with MPE) driver. They are better in cornering with more rigid chassis but not that better. The reality was not equal to the hype

I am an aural person. The exhaust sounds matter to me. All the Ms above sound louder but unpleasant

However I was blown away by the beautiful roar of V8 on up shifting manually and effortlessness of picking up speed on motorways when I test drove F10 M5 but the interior is too dated for me as I also drive the current G30 5 series

Would I buy one of the M2/M3/M4 later this year or early next year? YES. Or M5.

Why would I buy one? YES. Because of the heritage, sexy exterior and because I am a BMW fanboy

M2s should move over, a new kid is in town called Supra.

Would I buy a Supra? No. However I recognise it is a better value