View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #81
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
I was really pushed to part exchange my m240i with MPE for m2c based on the hype. I really like the external appearance of M2 but really disappointed when I test drove it. It sounded louder but in a weird way with better chassis but did not really feel that faster then my m240i. In short, the difference was not night and day and some on this forum tend to portray.

So taking the financial penalty was not justifiable . This is from a man driving his 4th BMW in 4 years

I would still buy a full M with the eyes wide open knowing that they are not as wonderful as the owners tend to portray. That I am just buying into the heritage

Value for money regarding performance, there is no doubt, Toyota Supra is a better value compared to M2. However we BMW fan boys would still choose BMWs

I think this is again an example of different strokes for differnt folks.

I am leasing a 230i, went to go test drive a M240i, and then managed to test drive an M2 Competition. After the last test drive, i decided im going to get an M2 C. The difference between the 3 was insane. I enjoy my 230i and its a nice daily. Driving the M240i...honestly was a bit underwhelming. It literally just felt like my 230i but with 100 more horses. it was cushy and was quick but...eh. But then i drove the M2C. And omg it was amazing. It was my second time ever driving an M car (the first is my friends tracked out E30 M3) and i loved that drive. This car had some amazing driver feedback. it was similar to my S2000 in terms of responsiveness and rawness but with some more cushion since its 15 years newer. The Power delivery was much more fun and i felt myself really smile just driving it down the road. I cannot wait till i get mine and really stretch her legs.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
CWads6937.50