M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWads69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
This hyperbole about M2 is tiring. I wonder what owners of Toyota Supra that has been shown in various testings to be faster at tracks and better handling than the M2 do?
Hmmm, maybe explain "all the hyperbole" you're referring to... from most of the reviews of the M2 and M2C that I've read, there's a pretty strong consensus that it's a great addition to the M family of cars, a fun car to drive, and good value for the money. Opinions... are opinions, some are spot on, some whine, some are exaggerations, everybody has an opinion, and absolutely everyone is entitled to theirs... just curious what's bugging you about the M2? Safe to assume you don't own one? In the spirit of transparency, I had an '18, and now own a '20 M2C. And couldn't be happier with my '20 - it's a daily driver except when it snows, and NEVER fails to put a smile on my face....
I was really pushed to part exchange my m240i with MPE for m2c based on the hype. I really like the external appearance of M2 but really disappointed when I test drove it. It sounded louder but in a weird way with better chassis but did not really feel that faster then my m240i. In short, the difference was not night and day and some on this forum tend to portray.

So taking the financial penalty was not justifiable . This is from a man driving his 4th BMW in 4 years

I would still buy a full M with the eyes wide open knowing that they are not as wonderful as the owners tend to portray. That I am just buying into the heritage

Value for money regarding performance, there is no doubt, Toyota Supra is a better value compared to M2. However we BMW fan boys would still choose BMWs