Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I don't even own an M2. But a statement like it's not fun and no one would ever choose it because it's 1 second slower to 60 is completely absurd and demonstrates detachment from reality.
Those are your words, not mine. I never said the M2 was boring because it was slower. You were the one who said anything above the M4 is a boat.....which is the most ridiculous statement in this whole thread.

I want a car that's supercar fast as soon as I hit the gas (that handles like it's on rails). Sorry, to me (and 98% of the population)....a car with 600 HP and 2.8 0-60 time is going to be much more fun than a car that is significantly slower....even if it's a manual. The M5 is the standard of the sports sedan and always has been. It has way more heritage than a damn 2 series.
Then get what you want and move on. Why try so hard to convince others who clearly don't share your opinion. Who cares what they like or buy. It's as if you're actually trying to validate your choice to yourself, or just simply troll the m2 crowd.

If you really do feel the need to convince others that the 8 series is better, you'd get further by speaking about your experience(s) with the car, and what impresses you about it. It would be even better if you compare that with any experience you have with the m2, and why it didn't meet your expectations. Regardless, you'd contribute much more with an informative, interesting post instead of crapping on the m2.

It's like when candidates running for public office spend all of their energy telling us what not to like about their opposition, but never get around to telling us what they are about, or want to do. They have no agenda except to drag someone else through the mud. Then they wonder why no one is interested.
Appreciate 1
CWads6937.50