View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 01:34 AM   #44
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
This is like when everyone says they'll buy a wagon version of an M3, but when it comes time to pay up very few would actually pony up the cash. It's all hypotheticals, but just based on human nature most are going to choose the M8 if both cars cost the same.

I love the M2c and want one right now, but again if the prices were the same I'd choose the M8. Just being honest.
I agree that the wagon would sell terribly in the US. I wouldn't buy a wagon. I understand that if the prices were equal that the M8 would hugely outsell the M2.

That said, If the resale value of the cars were equal, I would still take the M2C because it's a completely different category of car. I don't want a luxury rocketship. The M2 is already on the softer side of cars I am considering buying.

I think a lot of M2 owners and prospective M2 owners feel this way. The M2 is already not the best value proposition. The M4 is not that much more expensive in reality given the discounts available. It also has better interior quality, more features, and I think it looks better. However, my opinion is the M2 was more fun to drive on the street than the M4.

The real question is who is going to buy an M8C when they can get a Porsche 911 for the same money. If you offer me a Carrera S 7MT with sport PASM vs the M2C then yes, I will take the 911 every single time.
Appreciate 0