View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 01:04 AM   #43
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
No one cares what you have driven. You were the one who started with the insults. M5 can be changed to RWD, too....but then again, you probably didn't turn that on in the 2 test laps they let you have with it.

I know full well the difference in road feel and handling. I came from a M550i, which although very fast, is a joke compared to a real M car in handling and steering feel. A lot of people will say the M550i (and other M branded non-M cars) are amazing things because they are almost as fast as the real M model. That could not be further from the truth.

The M5 weighs 4200 pounds, BTW.....not sure where you get 4500 from.
Yes, I know you can turn off the AWD. Can't remove the weight it added, though. It's 4200-4300 lbs, my mistake, I was 5% off on the weight.

I agree that the actual M5 is a lot better than an M550i and there is a huge difference. The difference between the M5 and M2C in the amount of feedback you get is very large. I have driven both on the street also. You should drive the other cars before you assume things and come up with blanket assertions that make no sense.

Maybe you should drive a Porsche GT4 if you need help figuring out what a sports car feels like. I know it's not going to be more fun though, because it's a second slower 0-60 .

The M8 is a great car, I'm sure many people would prefer it to the M2/M3/M4. Same with the M5. You're dead wrong, though, if you think 0-60 or acceleration at all really completely defines the experience of a sporty car.

Last edited by chris719; 02-13-2020 at 01:16 AM..
Appreciate 2