Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Due to the design of the car, any tire, even if cold and hard as a hockey puck, will throw rocks onto the middle area of the doors, and back near where the factory PPF is installed in the rear quarters.

However, yes, a warm Cup 2 are sand blasters. For a daily driven vehicle the PSS is a better choice, unless you have the money to afford replacing the Cup2's constantly. Also, the PSS won't crack in sub-20f temps. I've had Cup 2's in my garage not even mounted on a car crack when it got really cold. That is why BMW required the waiver for the Cup 2's. They literally fall apart at cold enough temps because they get so hard. If you keep the Cup 2's and live somewhere where your garage will get under 20f make sure you put a heat lamp, or store the Cup 2's inside.
I took this picture yesterday after some long driving through state forrest roads. You can see where the road splatter hits the car.

Interestingly, you can clearly see the benefits of the black wheel arch extenders if you zoom up on the arches. The splatter is noticeably less for the zones radiating out and above them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1