12-13-2020, 01:39 AM   #163
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

6 Dec Track Day

6 Dec Track Day

Last weekend I joined M Club Korea for their quarterly track day. This time they rented out the BMW Driving Center for the entire day for us to use. We were grouped into 6 groups of about 8 cars each and throughout the day took turns driving several of the courses they have there, such as gymkhana, skid pad, understeer, track driving (including open track sessions), and defensive driving techniques - all in our own cars. There was one portion where we could drive some SUV's on track (X3, X4, X5, X6) and SUV's are nice but I like driving the M2 on track better.

I was blown away with how organized the event was, not to mention how much fun I had! Thankfully it happened the day it did, as Korea went to "level 2.5" social distancing the next day which would have kept us from having the event. So glad it held off until then.

Some pics taken during a couple of the events:

In short, an extremely fun event - glad to get out on the track - and I learned a lot too. It's now winter here (snowed yesterday) so I'm hoping to do at least 2 winter track days but we'll see. Then full force into spring!

For the car, it performed great. I just passed 40k KM's so it's time for some service. I am planning on the following:
Air filters (engine and cabin) - have some Eventuri filters coming
Diff fluid
Transmission fluid
Spark plugs (probably not entirely necessary... but why not)
Control Arm replacement - getting more and more pops from these while driving at slow speeds. Crappy roads + stiff suspension + lowered = these are on their way out.
Rebound adjustment (need to soften it a bit)
Alignment

Can't think of anything else... Just replaced my oil ~1k ago so don't need to do that.

Last edited by warrenw; 12-13-2020 at 07:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50