United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Nissan Versa S  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I was not talking about reducing weight via CF parts and I do not expect BMW to throw in those parts for free. Let me be more specific:

What I do want in my M2C is:
- S55
- 6MT
- Manually adjustable sport seats without heat or lumbar (M2 Performance Edition had this)
- Basic keyless entry, without comfort access (M2 Performance Edition had this)
- Single zone automatic climate control (M2 Performance Edition had this)
- Base audio system instead of HK (M2 Performance Edition had this)
- Adaptive LED headlights (only possible via Exec Package)

What I do not want in my M2C is:
- Automatic seats (add more weight if they are heated and had lumbar too)
- Active Driving Assistant
- Apple CarPlay
- Heated steering wheel (Mandatory in order to have adaptive LED headlights, i.e. Exec Package)
- Automatic high beams (Mandatory in order to have adaptive LED headlights, i.e. Exec Package)
- Wireless charging (Mandatory in order to have adaptive LED headlights, i.e. Exec Package)
- Wifi HotSpot (Mandatory in order to have adaptive LED headlights, i.e. Exec Package)
- Speed Limit Info (Mandatory in order to have adaptive LED headlights, i.e. Exec Package)

I don't know how much weight in total this small stuff adds up but I just don't want them. There may be several people taking advantage of these features but I know I don't need any of them. My point is BMW could have made all of them optional. If they really want to charge everyone $1200 (cost of exec package), I'm ok with that too. I'll pay $1200 for adaptive LEDs but don't give me that extra crap, at least let me opt out of what I don't want. Or give me manual seats as a no cost option and I promise I won't bitch why I'm paying the same price as someone who is getting the automatic seats. The bottom line is I have zero problems with the price point of M2C and all I want is just to deselect certain features/components while still paying what BMW wants me to pay.

I agree with making things no cost options, rather than having them standard, I really have no care for active driving assistant, and would rather this be a no cost option for those who want it. But ill stick to driving my own car thanks bmw...
Appreciate 1
CSBM52722.50