10-31-2020, 12:32 AM   #18
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Q1: What made you buy your first BMW?
A1: 1) Customizability of bmw's
a) From the coding available on bmws allowing for the car to be tailored to an owner's liking down to the very small details
b) Mods being hugely abundant from intakes, suspension, engine builds, fuelling, aero, aesthetics and for a pretty good price compared to things like mercedes, audi, porsche and the GTR.
c) tuning is readily available with multiple options that are hugely competitive which drives development forwards. This means quality tunes are available with features like flex fuel, map switching, anti-lag, and most importantly OBD2 tuning. The tunes are also pretty cheap too which is great.

2) Front engine rear wheel drive and manual transmission, aka excellent handling dynamics bmw's are known for. I also like having a turbo charged car from the factory as it eliminates boost creep issues and tuning issues of adding forced induction on an NA car - AKA ewg boost control is SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY PNEUMATIC system. All you have to do is dial in a boost level and no need to mess with waste gate springs, mac solenoids and leaking vacuum hoses. Also for someone living at a high altitude forced induction helps alot. It aso doesn't hurt to have a factory turbo car as insurance is easier to get if aren't adding turbos.

3) Maintence: for such a high performance machine bmw makes it really easy to maintain from having ISTA readily availble and never having to guess how to fix or diagnose a car with crap generic equipment, to the parts ETK (real oem) making it easy to find parts. Also the N55 is quite a reliable motor compared to older bmws and other performance machines.

4) Engine and drivetrain stoutness, if tuned and modified properly these engines and drivetrains are fricken unbelievably strong stock. This means I do not have to worry about building drivetrains and building engines even when doubling horse power which is nice as built engines are expensive (it sucks that GTR's have transmission issues after FBO and E85) and forged internals do not last long before the expansion and contraction of cold starts causes tolerance issues.

5) The cars are actually quite affordable for what you get.

Q2: Do you have any regrets?
A2: Bought my m2 too early, I should have waited until the wait list phase was over so I could negotiate the price even further. Otherwise nothing at all.
Poochie9104.50